The Learning Resource Centre, in F Block at the Albany campus, is now a vibrant hub for studying, research and relaxation.
Students can access help with research and study resources from a broad range of databases, equipment and current technologies, including:
- Books supporting institute courses, as well as general interest and recreational resources
- DVDs for loan or viewing in the centre
- Computers with internet access, scanners and printers
- Adult learning literacy and numeracy resources
- An Aboriginal Studies collection
- Equipment including headphones and calculators.
Course textbooks are also sold from the new-look centre, which adjoins the café.
Two small study rooms are available for group or individual study. One is equipped with a DVD player and television unit. Book this room at the library counter.
Learning Resource Centre staff will provide any help they can to students with a disability. Height-adjustable tables enable use with wheelchairs, and Zoomtext Xtra helps the sight-impaired. Literacy support software TextHelp Read & Write GOLD is also available.
See below for useful links, including the online catalogue of resources held by all State Training Providers.
Learning Resource Centre links